A warm, gooey chocolate chip cookie is one of life’s simplest pleasures. My Aunt Pam is famous for her delicious version of the classic chocolate chip cookie. I remember when I was away at college and had a particularly tough week. I called my Aunt and she shared her coveted recipe. When I have last minute company, have had a tough week or just because it’s Thursday I reach for the familiar recipe and whip up a batch of these yummies. Enjoy!!
Aunt Pam’s Famous Chocolate Chip Cookies
- In a stand mixer blend 1 1/4 C Brown Sugar, 1 1/4 C White Sugar, and 3 sticks (1 1/2 C) unsalted butter until light and fluffy.
- Add 2 eggs and 1 T. Vanilla
- In a seperate bowl mix 4 C Flour, 2 tsp. baking soda, 3/4 tsp salt. When mixed add to wet ingredients until blended.
- Stir in 3 C. Chocolate Chips.
- * Tonight I splurged and used the “good chocolate” (2 cups Giradelli’s Dark Chocolate Chips and 1 cup Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups from TJs) but good old reliable Nestles works too.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- Best enjoyed with a tall glass of milk and shared with a friend!