I found this beautiful gold handled mugs at the local Goodwill store for 49 cents each. They are the perfect size to hold a peppermint mocha or hot chocolate. I thought I would try out the sharpie-mug that has been all over Pinterest. These mugs would make the cutest holiday gift with some home-made hot chocolate mix or cookies inside.
I’ve tried sharpie mugs before and had an epic fail. So with a bit of searching I found tips on this blog. The major change I made was to purchase an oil-based sharpie marker. I’ve used it daily and my designs are still going strong!
Simple Holiday Mugs:
- Head to your local Goodwill, Dollar or craft store and get a ceramic mug.
- Clean your mug. First with soap and water then with rubbing alcohol.
- Put on some holiday music and get creative.
- Place your mug in the oven. Turn it on to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, leave your mug in the oven but turn the oven off. When the oven has cooled completely, remove your mug.
- Wash your mug with soap and water.
- Pour your self a big much of hot chocolate, turn on the Christmas music and enjoy.