Winter can be a long few months in Wisconsin. This year I’m determined to embrace the season and find joy in every day.
“In winter, the frozen fields are bare and the soil is still. Winter is a time when we are drawn inside. It’s a time of stillness, slowing us to reflect on our lives and how we can life them more fully in the seasons ahead” – Lara Casey
This Winter I want to be proactive agains the dreaded Winter Blues. I’ve been recording
#365daysofgraceandgratitude via Instagram and my encouragement calendar but I thought a Winter Bucket List would add some much needed fun to the season.
A Season of Stillness & Deep Joy – Winter 2016 Bucket List
- Sit in front of the fire and knit a new project. Try cables? (accomplished over Christmas/New Years at the cabin!)
- Powersheet Prep for 2016 (accomplished over Christmas/New Years!)
- Visit the Milwaukee Farm Market at the Domes.
- Can jam with Mom using the frozen peaches & raspberries from the summer.
- Host a Crafternoon party.
- Go taboggonning at Waukesha’s Winter Janboree
- Try a new class at the YMCA.
- Explore the Art Museum on “Target First Thursday”
- Bake a yummy treat and share with a friend.
- Attend a candle light snow shoe event.
- Make soy candles for gifts.
- Go ice skating and hit up Collectivo coffee afterwards.
- Spend an afternoon Bible Journaling and beingmessy.
- Get lost in a good book.
- Send happy mail to dear friends.
- Spend time dreaming of Summer with my seed catalogues.
- See a show at the Skylight Theater or Florentine Opera.
How about you friends, what do you do to keep the Winter Blues away?