I can’t believe another month has flown by! To be honest this month was a bit of a blur. Life was full of family obligations, work, meetings and just general life. Honestly, I did not get as much time to spend on my goals as I wanted.
But, here is the thing–there was still such sweet fruit in the month of March and so so much to be grateful for. I attended InspireU with some amazing friends, spent time with extended family, planned my home garden and the garden for Zachariah’s Acres, attended Art in Bloom and ended the month with a long weekend at the cabin.
This month I’m starting fresh with a goal refresh and simplifying my monthly goals to focus on a few, intentional areas of growth.
- Cultivate a spirit of contentment through not spending money on books, home decor and clothes the months of April/May/June and completing the Joy Dare every day.
- Save X towards my home downpayment.
- Find a budget tool that works for me and apply it to my REAL life and goals.
- Refine my job description so it reflects my gifts/skills and delegate other things to qualified team-mates. Let go of control!!
- Clear the clutter, get rid of excess and simplify my stuff so I can focus on living not just cleaning.
- Live an active, flourishing life in every season. Take daily prayer walks around the lake, visit the YMCA with a friend and enjoy “me time” with purpose.
- Write for 30 minutes, 5 days a week about what God is teaching me. (Journal, blog, devotional or social media)
- Schedule weekly “friend dates” to explore and invest in relationships
- Eat more fresh, seasonal produce. Take time to plan and prepare nourishing meals and snacks to give me energy to live out my calling.
April 2016 Goals
Teach us to number our days, so that we may gain a heart of wisdom. – Psalm 90:12
“Sometimes you need to quit the mediocre things to experience the amazing!” – Anon
- Read Boundaries with Nancy Ray Book Club.
- Develop a budget system that works for me.
- Save X towards home downpayment.
- Make a list of easy, healthy meals for those busy days.
- Track my time for one week using Laura Vanderkam’s method.
- Schedule a spring cleaning sale for Mary Kay products.
- Visit the YMCA 2X a week with a friend.
- Sign off social media 2 days each week.
- Clear the clutter in one area.
Write for 30 minutes
Continue morning/evening routine