The Summer is full of family commitments, adventures (near and far), work obligations and many more things. It’s easy to look at the Summer and want to accomplish everything and do ALL the fun things. And honestly I have been a bit overwhelmed by it all.
Then I heard this quote from Mother Theresa ” Do Small things with great love”. I was reminded that it’s the love that matters, not just accomplishing something off the to-do list or checking a box on my Powersheets. If I want to end the summer refreshed, refocused and reenergized I need to simplify. I want to do a few things and do them well.
Shepherd Zachariah’s Acres team towards a fruitful Summer
- Pray, plan and delegate
- Joyful attitude towards fundraising events.
- Rejoice in the harvest!
Invest in relationships
- Schedule weekly friend date
- Prayerfully participate in Elmbrook-Lake Country launch
- Family Dinners
- Have adventures with friends & family (NYC, Pictured Rocks,…)
Practice Regular Self-Care
- 30 Minutes daily “Write the Word”
- Hike, jog or kayak 3X per week
- Eat nourishing food (fresh from the garden!)
- Write for 3 hours per week.
- Media Free evenings 3X a week.
That is it. I’m saying YES to these few things and no to all the rest. I’m choosing to savor the simple this Summer and I can’t wait to see how God works.
*A few resources to carve out a simplified Summer