Happy April friends!
This morning I woke up with sun streaming through my windows and was ready to tackle a new month and season ahead. Don’t you just love Spring? It’s a season of hope, hard work, and new beginnings. We take inventory of our things and begin the annual deep Spring cleaning. I challenge you to not only Spring clean your home this month but take a look at your heart and life. What might you need to get rid of to make room for what matters most? Do you need to toss out the old thoughts of inadequacy in order to step into a new role with confidence and courage? Do you need to wipe away thoughts of comparison in order to embrace gratitude and contentment? Do you need to refresh your daily routines so your brain space is freed up to make that leap? Whatever it may be for you take the leap to replace the good and not-so-good with the best.
Okay, on to my March recap and April goals.
- Gathering with family & friends: Hosting If: Table, St. Patty’s Day Parades, learning to make gnocchi, InspireU conference and Art in Bloom. March was a month full of so many lovely people and adventures.
- Learning how to use my DSLR: I’ve wanted to take a photography class for a while now and I’m so glad I made the investment. It was so much fun meeting other photo loving folks and also trying something new. Now I just need to actually get out there with my camera!
- Garden Planning: My head is full of so many ideas for my backyard garden this Summer. I started sweet peas, nasturtiums, zinnias and so many veggies. Floret Flower’s Cut Flower Book arrived on a snowy March day and provided so much inspiration.
- Making Things Happen: North Carolina Sunshine, two days spent digging deep and learning along side like-hearted hearted ladies, the gorgeous Carolina Inn. A full recap is coming soon but the 4 days in Chapel Hill were such balm to my soul.
Lessons I learned:
- In order to grow good things, we need time and space to flourish. At the end of March, I attended Making Things Happen Intensive (look for a full recap soon!) where Lara spoke this truth over us in countless ways. In order to live a full and intentional life, we need to create room and say no with courage and grace. I want to do the hard work of clearing away the clutter, mess, and noise of my life to make room for good things to grow.
- You can do hard & holy things. My default is to run from the hard things and seek what is easy and familiar. I’m learning that the best refinement and growth takes place when we choose to walk through the difficult circumstances and seasons.
- Your mess is your message. Our stories and lives have a deep and beautiful purpose. It’s not just for us, but for His glory. When we choose to share beyond the highlight real, we create breathing room for authentic community and friendship to happen.
- Learning to wait and hope in this single season: To be honest, my hearts been a bit weary on the whole dating/single life. When I shared my fears with my community, they were able to provide some much-needed encouragement. It’s okay to love your life but still desire more. I’m learning to keep bravely waiting and trusting for the next season to come in His way & His time.
- Busyness! I have been filling so many days to full and trying to do it all. There were so many good things, but it felt like to much. This next month I am saying no to a LOT and creating margin to listen.
April Big Goals:
- Plan my backyard gardens (cut flower and veggies)
- Make a blog post brainstorm list and post at least two blog posts in April.
- Make the transfer to a new phone/planner system.
- Ask friends and family to introduce me to good, single guys.
- Social Media free Sundays.
- Take a new adventure and step out of my comfort zone.
- Get together with accountability/prayer partner.
- Follow Bravado training at YMCA/Outside
- Start the day with a tumbler full of lemon water.
- Sleep 8 hours.
- 15 minutes of yoga before bed.
- Spend less than 1 hour on my phone (doesn’t include work phone calls!)